Some Helpful reminders:
- Bring your insurance card(s)
- Bring 2 other forms of identification
- Bring any Co-pay or deductible amounts that may be due
- Bathe or shower prior to coming to the SurgiCenter.
- Remove all make up and nail polish.
- Dress in comfortable, loose clothing (you will have a bandage on your surgical wound).
- Low, comfortable shoes are recommended. No makeup, please.
- Leave all jewelry and valuables at home. We cannot be responsible for lost or damaged property.
- Bring a list of all your medication that you take on a daily basis.
- If you regularly use inhalers or insulin – please bring them with you.
You will be contacted the day before your surgery by a preop nurse to discuss you surgery. You will receive instructions from the nurse such as your arrival time at the center. Normally this is approximately 1.0 to 1.5 hours prior to your scheduled surgery time.
At the SurgiCenter after you are admitted:
- You may have two family members or friends stay with you in the
- An anesthesiologist and a registered nurse will visit with you to discuss your care and answer any questions you may have.
We will take you to surgery only after you have spoken with your surgeon, signed the appropriate consents, and all your questions have been answered.