Once your surgery has been scheduled through your surgeon's office, a Pre-operative nurse from Village SurgiCenter will call you to discuss your health status, your surgical procedure and begin the admission process in advance of your surgical date. The pre-operative nurse will verify all demographic information, health history, date of procedure, and procedure to performed.
Be prepared to discuss your health, medication, and infection history along with any relevant information related to your health and medical condition.
If there is a change in your physical condition, like a cold, fever or illness, notify your surgeon before coming to the SurgiCenter.
Some tips to remember:
- You will be contacted between 2-4 PM the day before your surgery to confirm you exact arrival time and review your instructions.
- If you do not receive this call by 4 PM please call 814-836-0770.
- Arrange for responsible adult to drive you to and from the SurgiCenter.
- Someone should also be available to stay with you for 24 hours following surgery.
- If you wear glasses or contacts, be sure to bring along the protective cases for them.
- You will not be able to wear them during surgery.
- We will provide denture containers.
- All necessary papers from your doctor's office should be sent to us.
- Bring any pertinent insurance information and cards with you. This includes Medicare.
No food, drink or water after midnight. You may brush your teeth while taking care not to swallow any water. Remember to follow your pre-operative instructions. Failure to follow these instructions may result in the cancellation of your surgery.